Saturday, January 26, 2008

In memory of granma








My granma's funeral was on friday. I came up to prescott to be there with my family. This death was a huge shock to everyone. She did almost the same thing as i did... went on the highway, flipped several times. Only the differences with this one was she wasn't wearing her seat belt and was ejected and died at the scene.

Out of everyone in my family i think i handle death the best. I love my granma and i'll miss her tons! I know i'll see her again someday and i know she is very happy and teaching up in the spirit world. Her death made me realize that my husband will never know her, or my grandfather who died less than a year ago. My husband and my family will never know what my family traditions are and get to experience them the way i spent my whole life doing. That kind of sucks since both of my sister's husband and kids got to meet them and see what we do for hoildays. That's one of the worldly things i'll miss the most. I'll miss my granma but i know she is very happy so i can let the worldly things pass. We'll have plenty of time to make more traditions when we are all together again.

The funeral went really well. My granma was cremated so there was no coffin. My mother did an amazing job of her life story... just as she did at my granfathers funeral. The food was yummy! Hanging out at papa's house all day was a lot of fun. I met family i never knew i had. My granma's sisters came and brought their family. We all had fun telling stories and remembering our favorite memories.

I also got a really cute dress to meet everyone in =]

0 comments: