Saturday, January 26, 2008

SNOWBOARDING!!!!!!!!!!!










LAst weekend Sarah and I went on our 1st ever snowboarding trip. Brian and Lisa coleman, friends of the family since we've moved back to Az (lisa is one of kim's best freinds and brian is on of kerri and my good friends). We rented 4 mini vans, the plan was 2 15 passenger vans but they didn't have any more of those. We drove up to ceder city and stayed at one of the girls parents house. They feed us REALL REALLY REALLY well!!! We went to brian head resort and rented snow boarding stuff. I had never been but was sooo excited to try it out. While we were waiting for the 1st lift i listened to the little kids getting lessons and learned a few tips, like how to stand up and how to walk with the board attached to your foot. It came in handly let me tell ya!!!

WE went up to first mountain which wasn't very big and when we got to the top the boys said ok lets go.. I was so exicted that i just went for it. I did ok but i fell down and was going to wait for everyone since no one else was following me. Then on the guys came up and said to follow him so i did. I went WAY WAY WAY tooo fast and bit it hard. i hit my head on the snow hard and my sun glasses and binnie went flying. I had to crawl up the mountain to get my stuff. Then this kid tanner helped me to get to the next lift. The lift was really really long. It took 15 mins to get to the top!!! I was like ohhh great what i'm i doing. We got to the top and tanner told me some tips which i had no clue what he was saying. HE eneded up leaving me at the top all by myself. I spent the next hour falling down the mountain on my own trying out different things to make it work. I COULD not get steering down. and when i got going to fast i always fell. I was sooo tired and sore and wasn't even half way down the mountain!!! Then i sat and watched this girl and she was going really slow. So i watched to see how she did it. Then i tried it out. I ended up understanding how she was doing it.

I finally made it to the bottom and found sarah sitting at bottom watching ppl. I made her come with me up the mountain. I figured it was a good idea for me so she should do it.... I should have remembered that it was sarah =/ We got to the top and took of just fine. I knew what to do and was fine. I stoopped and waited for sarah. It took her 10 mins to get like 10 yeards to me. So i just asked her if she wanted to meet at the bottom. She said sure!! So i took off!! i was soooooo excited that i was acutally snowboarding. I could go like 100 yards and not fall!!! I fell one or twice but that was it. When i got to the bottom i knew sarah would take awhile so i got back on the lift to go meet her. I got to the top and saw that she was only about 5 yards from where i left her. I chuckeld and called out to her. I made my way to her and found out that she had face planted.. flipped... face planted again.. flipped again.. and during all that her glasses broke. I felt bad but i couldn't stop laughing!!! The ski patrol came and took her down. I snowboarded all the way down the mountain only falling once!!!!!

I'm a pro at it now!!! i can't wait to move to utah and buy my own stuff!!! i'm going to have a season pass and go allllll the time!!! We ended up hanging out for the rest of the time. I eneded on a good run and didn't want to leave sarah!!!

0 comments: