Sunday, September 14, 2008

Art class

When i was signing up for classes i was only able to get into 3. I had 9 credits but i needed 12. so i took an art class!!

Its begining drawing! we are going to learn differnet things and draw with charcoal. So far i love the class!

Our first drawing is the one that we are going to get graded against for the final. The teacher didn't give us any instructions and we just had to draw what we saw..
This is my number 1.


It isn't the greatest but i've never been able to draw!!

Then he showed us how to shade and made us do another drawing in class. This is what i did...


I wasn't getting it. i finally asked for help after an hour of drawing and he said.. it doesn't look like the vase, why? i said cuz i can't draw! He then explained that yes i can draw i just can't see. I was like hmm no i can't draw but i listened to what he said. I got a little down cuz everyone in the class is really good.

I came home and later that night i thought i would try again.

This is what i came up with...


Its still not the best but i think it looks why better then the one i did in class.

I'm going to keep working and trying new things. Hopefully by the end of the semester i'll be able to draw things that ppl can recoginze =]

2 comments:

Kim's just sayin' said...

much better than I could do. Maybe you are supposed to become a famouc artist :) :)

Kerri said...

oh, so jealous, i've always wanted to take an art class. it looks good, you'll be so good at drawing, so lucky!!