Friday, October 9, 2009

North Mountain

One night my roommate had me drop her off at work. She went in at 10 pm and got off around 3 am.(she works in a hospital) Bruce hung out with me while we waited to get her. By the time we got back it was almost 4 and we had wanted to hike Squaw Peak that morning but I wasn't feeling the idea of getting up early anymore. Then we had the idea of packing breakfast and hiking North Mountain and watching the sunrise!

Isn't it pretty? We took blankets cuz it was a tad chilly. Bruce pointed out some stars and what their names were. We also talked about us and where we wanted to go. We both are set on getting married. We are both set in the idea of getting married next summer too.

If you look closely... in between the tree and rock there is an owl! isn't it sweet! we heard it hoot on the way up then we were able to spot him! I took this with my phone so it didn't let me zoom in very close.

The sunset was soooo pretty!

It is very difficult to try and kiss, take a picture, and get the sunset in all at the same time while freezing cuz the windy is super cold... we took about 50 pictures and I only liked 2.

This is my super cute Brucester! We climbed to the peak and sat on a rock while we waited for the sun to peak over the horizon. We ate bagels with cream cheese and we brought granola bars and oranges but we ate half a bagel each then moved to a little hole to get out of the wind. After we ate our other half Bruce made me stand up to watch the sun come up over the horizon. After it came up i sat back down in the hole and realized the sun came up so we could go home. So we did.

All in all it was very fun!

0 comments: