Sunday, October 7, 2007

School work

In my public speaking class i have to give an impromptu speech. everyone in the class puts a general topic on anything they can think of. Then the day we have to do our speech we get a topic and we have 10 mins to write an outline then we have to deliver our speech. The first topic i got was on acting. i had no clue what to talk about. This was the only speech we were allowed to make stuff up. Thankfully i didn't end up having to give it because we ran out of time. Then on wed i got my another topic.... cheese. I had no clue what i was going to talk about. As i sat there trying to make an outline for a speech i thought of reading rainbow and i remember seeing one on how cheese was made. So i did my speech on how cheese is made and the different cheese we eat. When you guys see it, your going to laugh!! I had no clue on the real process so i made the whole thing up. Having chemistry earlier that day i used chemicals that he says all the time and afterwards this kids was all, i'd never eat that cheese, it's full of acids!!! haahah i wasn't sure what chemicals i was using i just had to make it sound real. I made the whole class laugh and i wasn't even trying. It turned out ok tho, i got a 92 on it =] hardly anyone in the class got an A. Now i'm working on my informative speech we have to give in 2 weeks. This one i can't make stuff up and it's one of the BIG speeches we have to give. My topic is how to be healthy. It's not a hard topic but it's no fun trying to write the speech.

Chemistry is going alright. right now i have a B in the class but there are only like 3 people who have A's. Our teacher is a very old man and he doesn't really know what he wants to do. i did have a C but then everyone cried to him about his LAME test so he changed all of our grades and now he's giving us easier test. Lab is fun! I sit with a bunch of girls and they are all clueless but they are tons of fun. It's a good thing i took chemistry in high school or our group would be completely lost!!

Development psy is still my favorite class. I'm learning tons of new stuff and my teacher is a trip. She makes me laugh and it's easy to pay attention in her class. I'm still ranked #1 in the class but we just took a quiz this week so we'll see next week if i got another 100% or not. Her test are easy because 1 i love the lectures and always take notes and i do the review quizzes she gives us. They take forever but 3/4 of the test are all the same questions as on the review quizzes so it's worth it.

I like my marriage and family class. It's fun to see how everyone feels about different aspects of relationships. I sit next to this lady that's married and has 3 kids. she bothers me but i sometimes like to hear what she has to say. there are about 3 newlyweds in the class and one kid is married and has a kid. There is one couple taking the class together and it's fun to hear them comment on stuff. I'm one of the only ones that isn't single. Sometimes the class is lame because they take things to extreme when in real life it doesn't happen the way they make it out. But the single people are the ones who voice their opinion the most and they don't know what they are talking about. My teacher is LDS so i like to hear his opinions too.

0 comments: