Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thomas S. Monson






Isn't that a cute picture of our prophet!?!

On sunday we had a CES broadcast and the prophet spoke to us. I was really excited to hear from him. I've been struggling with the idea of staying in school or preparing for a mission. I want to be in school, but then i feel i should be saving up for a mission which means school gets in the way..less hours to work. I knew that the prophet would give me the answer i needed. I wasn't sure how, I just knew he would. I made sure i fasted saturday night to sunday so i could be spiritually fed that day. I wanted him to come out and say something along the lines of hey you should do this! =] it doesn't work that way but thats what i was hoping for, All day i kept looking for an answer. Everything that day was giving me both sides, Missionary stuff and staying in school stuff. It was so weird. It happened all day. once i thought i got an answer to go one way, the other half would be brought up some how and i was left to wonder which way i should go. Needless to say, i was really looking forward to listening to the prophet.

His talk was amazing. And i can i just say how much i love him!! i can't even tell you how many jokes he cracked during his talk... and and random spots. He made us laugh, and cry and most important, feel the spirit. His talk did give me my answer, but it wasn't the go down this path answer. He said that right now is the time to prepare. I am in the period of preparation and i need to do all i can to be preparing. Once the time for the decision comes to be made, the time to prepare is over. For me, that helped sooo much! I can be spiritually preparing to go on a mission now, when i can't (to young). It will prepare me for either a mission, or staying in school. It will only help me in the long run. If i end up going on a mission then i will be ready spiritually to handle going out. If i stay and go to school, i'll have become the person i should be.

He gave 4 or so points on how we can learn to be prepared. I am going to heed his counsel and prepare. I don't need to worry about what will happen because as long as i'm preparing, when the time comes to decide, i'll be prepared to make that important decision. He truly is a prophet. I must say it was a testimony builder. I know Heavenly Father helped him with what he should say, and not just for me, but for every young single adult! HOW amazing is that?!?!??!

1 comments:

Hebner Happenings said...

Kryssie,
Thanks so much for sharing your testimony of our wonderful prophet. I never doubt your 'decision making ability." You will Choose the Right. Whatever guy falls for you will be the luckiest guy in the world. We know that because we are the luckiest, most blest parents ever because of you... love ya tender Mom