Monday, February 23, 2009

The dentist

So I officially feel like an adult now. Why you ask? Well for the very first time in my entire life, A) I made a dentist appointment B) Went to the dentist appointment by myself C) Had to explain what was wrong by myself and D) had to pay for it myself!!!!

It didn't really hit me that I had never done anything medical by myself yet until I was sitting in the dental chair waiting for the dentist. I had the sudden urge for my mommy!!!! At work as I was thinking back on this, I realized that my last doctor appointment was my freshman year of college for my physical to play soccer at GCC. My dad took me and then afterward we went out for ice cream. NO dad this time.. no ice cream!!!

It felt kind of liberating to do all these things, but on the other hand it sucks. No more getting the work done and not thinking about price and how to pay for it. The dentist brought me the paper work and showed me the price to see if i could afford it. Without having insurance, lets just say my savings is now depleted and i have to start that all over again. I've always wanted to be grown up and to do these things. now i am.. i love it!! even if it sucks paying for it myself... but on the other hand, half of me misses my daddy and going out for ice cream afterward!!!


Thanks mom and dad for all you have done for me! Its true that as you get older you really do appreciate your parents so much more. I never realized how much i'd miss you guys going with me to things like Dr appointments. Thanks for paying for me and taking all the worry about money and not showing me the bills growing up. I don't think i would have my excitement to grow up if i had had to share in the worry of money growing up. I miss you both but i'm grateful that i get this chance to learn about being an adult. I always wondered how you guys knew so much! Its cuz you lived it and had to learn it yourselves. It makes me happy to think i'm learning and growing and becoming that you guys more and more each year!! I LOVE YOU!! thanks again for everything!!!!!

1 comments:

Hebner Happenings said...

Baby girl
Doing for you was always a pleasure. To think we almost past up the opportunity to have you part of our family. You should always look to the South Mountains and pay homage....LOL!
I am so proud of you. You make us happy every single day.