Wednesday, November 28, 2007

BRACE YOUR SELF FOR THE NEWS!!!

Sooooooooooo Joel and I broke up!

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes that is right, you read it correctly....

Joel and i broke up.


lol Yes it is true. NO worries everything is GREAT!!! I've been having the feeling that i needed to break up with him for some time now.. i just wasn't sure that's what i really wanted. I guess i was just scared of what it would mean not to have joel around and have to go out and be social. I also have had a boyfriend most of my dating life and I was kind of scared of having to go out and date again. But with some help i was able to do it. Since i've been here, i've grown spiritually. I think that's why i was able to finally listen to the still small voice and rely on Heavenly Father to help me through the break up process..

You're prolly wondering why and my reasons for all this.... well, we were at the point of Should we get married or not? YES i would have been more then happy to be married to joel, but he wasn't a return missionary. There's a lot of controversy over the whole marrying a return missionary but my thing was, why would i want to be married to someone who didn't want to give up something for the Lord. IF he couldn't make the sacrifices now when he has nothing and doing nothing, what would he do when his family was at stake. Joel always told me he was going to go. So i accepted it. However, he has done NOTHING in order to go. Yes he has debt and he's working but he wants to buy a car and get even more in debt. He doesn't want to take missionary prep classes. He just seems to be dragging his feet more so then he should. So i took me out and now it's all on him to go.

Since the break up things have been mostly the same but with some differences. We are still best friends and we both care for each other. It's hard some days and easy others. We are both striving to do what the Lord wants for us. We may end up together. We both want that, it's just the time right now to make sure some stuff gets done.

Now i'm back in the dating life AHHHHHHHHH!!! lol with the semester almost over i'm not going out and trying too hard right now. I'm not really planning on going out and finding people either for next semester. The Lord knows what i need and what i can handle so i'm just going to have fun and not worry about "finding my Husband" like everyone else up here lol

OH 2 more friends are getting married in dec. that's 4 friends that were single at the start of the semester and 4 that will be married at the end. LOL gotta love EAC!!!

0 comments: