Sunday, August 17, 2008

My testimony builder!

In order to pay for school I received a $4,500 scholarship from the BHHSC legacy foundation. Then i got a pell grant for $4,500. I also was able to get a $4,500 federal loan. I was set for school. With my pell grant and scholarship, i only had $1000 left to for school, hence getting the loan. Once i got up here to Utah, I kept waiting for a form i needed to fill out in order to get my loan money. I was planning on using it to pay my bills and tuition while i'm here. It never came and I was really worried about it. I had to pay tuition before the dead line, or I would be dropped from my classes and have to pay and extra fee.

So I went to the Lord on bended knees and asked for his help.

I have been struggling with the thought of serving a mission when i turn 21. I have never wanted to go and it seemed like getting my education first would be best. However, feelings kept coming back about a mission. So, while on my knees I asked what i needed to do in order to pay for my schooling. I got a very strong impression to not worry about the loan and not to take it. If i was going to serve a mission on a years time then having to worry about deferring a loan would be one thing to keep me from going. At first it surprised me, but i realized it was only $1000 that i had to pay and i could set up a tuition payment plan. I also wouldn't be in debt and could go on a mission without anything holding me back.

I asked the Lord to please help me figure out a payment plan so that i wouldn't go into debt. I looked into it and found there was a 3 month plan and that it could work out. The first payment had to paid on the 15th and i didn't have money in order to make the 1st payment. I started to worry that i was going to have to take the loan out but i knew i shouldn't. I kept praying and stressing out. When the 15th came I was going for a walk and checked the mail. I got a letter from school saying...

"congratulations. You will be receiving a $2000 honors transfer wavier scholarship. it will be split equally into 2 semesters only."

I now do not have to pay anything for tuition!!! The Lord had answered my prayers and helped me to get a very very very last minute scholarship.

I'm so truly grateful for all the Lord has done for me. I know He has a plan for me, and i want be ready and willing when the time comes. This next year will be hard for me. I will have to work a real job (once i find one) and go to schol full time. I will also be preparing for a mission. I'm very excited to have a road map to follow and am going to continue to trust in the Lord and follow the council He has given me.It will be hard but i'm sure it will be worth it!!!!

1 comments:

Kim's just sayin' said...

Krys, that really is awesome. Aren't you so thankful that we belong to a church that teaches us about personal revelation?! What an amazing story to strengthen that testimony! And good luck with the mish idea...just don't let any charming boys talk you out of it!! :) ha ha