Tuesday, April 14, 2009

BIRTHDAY WEEK!!



Yup that's right.. on Saturday i will be 21 years old! i have been looking forward to this day my WHOLE life!

I don't know why, but i always thought that i would be married when i was 21. My mom, and both my sisters (almost) got married when they were 21. It just always seemed i would too.... now that i am approaching the big 21 i realized that i was meant to serve a mission. Why you ask? well...

When i was 16 I got my patriarchal blessing. When it got to the part about marriage and such there is one line that says "In the not to distant future, you will be able to go the to temple to have your own endowments, to perhaps be sealed to someone for time and eternity." I remember my mom saying, oh no krystal is going to get married young. But the PERHAPS always stood out to me. I always took it as you are going to want to get married but really your not going to get married.. just get endowed then get married later. I always feared (sad i know) that it meant a mission. I refused to expect it! When i turned 20... a year ago.. i was trying to figure out where i should go to school. i kept having the feeling of going to my parents and staying there. I did, then went to utah. I came home not knowing why.

During president monsons talk sunday morning i got my own little personal revelation that i had to come home to go through some certain trials.. money related.. and find in myself the will to prepare to serve a mission. I'm still kind of be fighting it hoping to meet that special guy that is going to sweep me off my feet... but i'm about 99.999% sure that i should go on a mission.

I never knew that this was where my life was going to go but i'm finally excited about it!! i know what i'm suppose to be doing! even though i still wanna meet that boy and start a life with him, i'm very excited about preparing and serving a mission!!!

This week is the start of my 21st year and i can't wait!!! there is no looking back! Starts with a pool party and ends.... who knows where =]

0 comments: