Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter fun


My first graders had a easter egg hunt/ picinic planned for last thursday. Since this is a small town, everyone brought in 4 hard boiled eggs that they decorated. Then these two ladies and myself went to the town park and "hide the eggs." i put "" because all we did was roll them out into the grass. There had to be at over 400 eggs and the park has trees but it's mostly grass so there was no hiding them.

I sat and waited for them at the park and all the first grade classes walked to the park.. it's about a mile from the school.

ONce all the kids got there they were released to pick the eggs they wanted. One little girl came up to me crying saying she couldn't find any eggs. i quickly caught my laugh then took her and pointed to ALL the eggs still left on the ground.

My teacher had a blanket laid out and she got me a paper bag lunch from the school. All the kids brought their lunch and we sat and ate. MOst of them ate their eggs. Some saved them. Some kids even forgot to cook the eggs so we had some big messes.

After we ate we still had about an hour and 15 mins left to play. One little boy brought a soccer ball and the little boys were kicking it back and forth. Soccer is big for all the little kids up here. I was sitting on the blanket and realized i had to "an adult". i thought that was lame so after a few minutes i got up and stole the ball from this little kid then it was on! the little boys thought it was amazing that i knew how to play soccer. This little kid even slide tackled me and took me out. He thought that it was sooo funny!! The girls saw me playing so came to my aid to give me a team. There were 2 little girls that played the whole time and like 10 little boys. The boys wanted it to be boys against girls. We played the whole hour and 15 mins. If i didn't run the little kids would yell at me and tell me i was lazy and that i needed to get the ball. they didn't let me stop the whole time.

Some of the kids were really really good. Some kept picking the ball up. I had to keep telling them that they weren't the keepers and hand ball weren't allowed. After about 15 mins they stopped picking up... as much. I scored major points with everyone. even the teachers and princpal were happy that i played with them. All the little kids love me even more. Now kids from other classes love me. After it was time to go they all walked back and i still had to work. I went into a class room to ask the teacher something and this little boy yelled " HEY YOU"RE THE ONE THAT PLAYED SOCCER WITH US!!" I just laughed and said yes that's me and smiled at him. his teacher then said, "yeah she's so cool huh?" and little boy responded by saying, " yeah the coolest!". =] I LOVE MY JOB!!!

The picture is the easter baskets the kids got to make. i wasn't there the day they made them cuz i had to get on the airplane but my teacher made me one, and a little girl make the carrot, bunny, and chick for me. I have the greatest job ever!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here zealandrocks.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Research points that closely 70% of all U.S. grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Netflix.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie The Darkest Hour 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks