Monday, March 17, 2008

Waimea beach!!!

Kim, Kerri and i with the babies got on the bus and FINALLY went to waimea beach. i have been wanting to go to since i first went to hawaii back in dec 06. The beach is soo pretty and it's really hard to get a parking spot so we just took the bus and played on the beach. Lili of course wanted to go into the water so took her out... I totally disregarded the signs that said "strong tide, large waves". Lili and i went out and i had to swim to keep us above the water but it wasn't bad. THEN a HUGE 10 foot (no kidding) wave came. I tried to stop it with my hands but for some reason it didn't work and lili and i had to go through it rather then get rocked! i swam with all my might to get us out of the wave and held on to lili with all my strength. Once we got out of the water we thought it would be better to go play where there wasn't any waves. We took the kids down and kim went in with lili while i played with baby nate and kerri help kaci who had fallen asleep. Nate wanted to play in the water so i help him on the beach just enough to where the water would come up but not suck us back in or be to deep. we were having fun playing until a huge wave came and made the water level go really really high. I wasn't ready for such a big wave to bring in all that water so all i could do was pick baby nate up. With holding him in the air the water was so much that it pushed me over. All kerri ( who had then joined us at the water) and kim could see were my legs in the air along with baby nate. Kerri got a huge laugh out of it. The wave was so big that it twisted me around and started sucking me. I still had hold of nate so i was get sucked in against my will. I had to fight to get my feet under me while still keeping nate out of the water. Kerri and kim thought it was pretty funny. My hair got plastered with sand though. I had no clue until we had hiked up to a shop to eat acai. It then started to fall out in bucket loads whenever i touched my head. Sadly, there is still sand in my hair, i don't think it will ever truly leave. BUT it was all worth it to finally get to the beach!!!

0 comments: