Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Syl's cabin

Syl and her family have a cabin on top of mount graham. Syl was heading up there for the long weekend. she was sad cuz her boyfriend cliff had to work and wouldn't be going. I was all sad cuz she was going to be gone and bruce was going to be at lake powell. so we decied that i should go up and we would have a girls weekend without the boys! It was sooo fun! 2 of her brothers and their families were there her dad and her younget bro who just got home from his mission last week. Their mom came up later on sunday. It took us all day to get up there cuz we stopped and did lots a long the way. I was so excited to go back to thatcher. It has been an entire year since i was there last. Everything is upgraded. I couldn't believe all the things that had changed...yet it was still same old thatcher. i'm so glad i went to EA last year! Once we finally got up to the cabin i had to run 7 miles since i'm training for my half marathon. I figured it would be easier to just run down the mountain. I made degen (syls bro the RM that just got home) run with me. He was a trooper and ran the whole way. It wasn't hard since it was down hill but it took us an hour. Our legs HURT the rest of the weekend!!!


Sunday syl took me to hike ladybug trail! We kind of got lost but eneded up finding the trail. It wasn't hard... but my legs were sore and it was up the moutain.
Syl is pointing to the moss. i told her the story about how jessica and brooke would make moss their pets when they were little. lol
Syl was a trooper and made it to the top!!! It was soooooo pretty up there
I MADE IT TOO!!!
This little guy was a fast flyer. He was the only lady bug we found. Apprently later in the summer the entire rock we were on is covered in lady bugs. Hopefully i'll make it back up when they all get there
Right after that hike syl took me to hike up to bear cave. That one was straight up the mountain!! It was a killer! But sooo worth it!!
I was holding up the rocks so syl could enjoy the view haah
It was sooo green up there. There was a stream running so everything was growing and very green. i loved it! nature is one of my absoulte favorites! It was so nice to just sit and listen to the water trickle and see all the beautiful plants

On the way back this ugly bug was on our windowsheild! IT WAS HUGE! can you see the stinger on that??!!! it gives me the goose bumps to think of that thing stinging me! OUCH!


After our hikes we went back and took a nap. i got up to go play games with syl and her sister in law and my legs wouldn't move. Syl had to carry me into the kitchen. My legs are still sore but i had lots of fun!!! We played lots of games and made homemade ice cream. All and all it was great trip! I missed bruce a ton though. hawaii is going to be hard but i'm so excited to go!!!!! Syl and i have planned on going back up to the cabin later this summer. I loved it there!!!

1 comments:

Kim's just sayin' said...

I love the Lady Bug hike! Too bad you didn't get to see all the lady bugs, it's pretty cool. there is a place on Spruce Mt. in Prescott that has a ton of Ladybugs too, maybe if you ever go up there while Nate is home he can take you. It's got a great view. Mt. Graham is so pretty.